Did you know that Lee Kuan Yew, the Founder of Modern Singapore, single-handedly converted a forest in 45 years into the most efficient society in the world?
Many told him it was impossible but he transformed the economy of Singapore from a dry and wasted land into a city of wealth and abundance.
He went the extra mile to encourage his people to be leaders, to dream big and not to believe in the negativity of society, government or family.
Exceptional leaders go the extra mile to achieve the impossible, this is the Sujimoto Spirit.
1 + 1 = 11 #Motomatic
His achievements include:
• Caused an exponential increase in Singapore’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) from US$704 Million in 1960 to US$38 Billion in 1990;
• During his 3 decades as Prime Minister, Singapore achieved a per capita income next only to Japan’s in East Asia, and emerged as a chief financial hub in the region;
• Helped his people move out of small ghettos into carefully planned mixed townships and provided superior living conditions for them;
• Initiated an industrialization program, a low-cost public housing program, and a comprehensive anti-corruption strategy to tackle these problems;
• Introduced a 5-year plan for urban renewal and construction of new public housing, greater rights for women, educational reform and industrialization;
• Encouraged Foreign Investment and developed the necessary infrastructure in Singapore;
• Ensured racial harmony and eliminated corruption in Singapore;
• Under his leadership, Singapore was transformed into a modern and affluent City-State.