Bridges have served the purpose of providing a leeway for commuters to get across towns for years.
Whether it’s the famous London Bridge, or our very own aesthetic Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge, through constant evolution and innovation, the look, feel and purposes of Bridges have transcended the traditional provision of access to roads.
There are different designs and structures which have been constructed globally, these depend on the functionality of the bridges, could be to create a passage over an obstacle such as a body of water, a road or valley.
They are also seen as landmarks around the world; some have been constructed to be unique and breathtaking. Below is our top 10 list of the world’s most Famous Bridges:
1. BROOKLYN BRIDGE, NEW YORK CITY
2. LONDON BRIDGE,LONDON
3. SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE
4. NELSON MANDELA BRIDGE, JOHANNESBURG
5. LEKKI-IKOYI LINK BRIDGE, LAGOS
7. THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE, LAGOS
8. GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE, SAN FRANCISCO
9. HANGZHOU BAY BRIDGE, CHINA
10. BANPO BRIDGE, SOUTH KOREA